Thursday, April 30, 2015

Gratitude

My family is one of my greatest blessings and so I give thanks for them cause they are awesome. ;)


Monday, April 27, 2015

Gratitude



What Is Gratitude ? // 

The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. -Wikipedia

Prior to being conceived by the Creator of the Universe, God was thinking about us.  God thought about every detail of our being.  He thought about who he was creating, why he was creating you, and yes even your hair, but most importantly God thought about ways of bringing you success.  God from the very beginning was here for your Good.  So shouldn't we give thanks....
>  For all the ways God has blessed us 
>  For creating us in his own image
>  For surrounding us with friends & family
>  For walking with us through the good and the bad
>  For inspiring us to become more than we could ever dream

Praise and Celebrate // 


Life is a gift and what you do with it matter.  How you feel and what you say and where you go and what you make of this life you’ve been given matters- Rob Bell

There are joys and moments of gratitude which long to be ours. God sends ten thousands truths, which come about us like birds seeking inlet; but we are shut up to them, and so they bring us nothing, but sit and sing awhile upon the roof, and then fly away.-  Henry Ward Beecher

Joy is the simplest form of gratitude- Karl Barth

“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”Psalm 28:7 


Purpose of Gratitude //

Everyday God does amazing things in our life and we should give him thanks. We should celebrate the joys in our lives and all the blessings that he has bestowed upon us.

In the video the girl was paralyzed in an accident. Her nurse cared for her daily as she began her recovery. After the girl returned home she begun rehab and this is the first time her nurse has seen her walk. The words of elation that comes out of her mouth demonstrate the gratitude she has for her and for God. She screams for excitement because what she has witnessed today is a miracle. This day, God has brought about deliverance, redemption, and restoration should we not praise the Almighty God?!? Should we not praise God everyday because he is working for our good.

This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. -Psalms 118:24

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. - John F. Kennedy

“Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.” - 1 Peter 1:8-9

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the Lord with all his might, while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets. -2 Samuel 6:14


Practice Gratitude //

In all of our ways we should give thanks. At the end of each day I challenge myself to write down three things that I am grateful for, otherwise my mind begins to rest upon the negative. Isn't it true that often when we recall our week we remember the person cutting us off, or missing the bus, or not getting the paper in on time, or the negative words someone said. Perhaps it's because our culture has conditioned us to this mindset, perhaps it's because the good is all around us, perhaps it's because the negative affects us more; whatever the reason we should focus upon that which is Good instead of that which is negative. At the end of the month I look back at the things that were Good and say thank you God for each one again. Sometimes it compels me to write a letter of thanks to a person, sometimes it moves me to tears, sometimes it puts me in awe, but everything it reminds me of who God is and that he is ultimately for me not against me.

Ask yourself
> What am I thank for or what can I show Gratitude for?

> Who has inspired or touched me this week?

Prayer of Gratitude//

O My God, Thou fairest, greatest, first of all objects, my heart admires, adores, loves thee, for my little vessel is as full as it can be, and I would pour out all that fullness before thee in ceaseless flow.
When I think upon and converse with thee ten thousand delightful thoughts spring up, ten thousand sources of pleasure are unsealed, ten thousand refreshing joys spread over my heart, crowding into every moment of happiness.

When I think upon and converse with thee ten thousand delightful thoughts spring up, ten thousand sources of pleasure are unsealed, ten thousand refreshing joys spread over my heart, crowding into every moment of happiness.

I bless thee for the soul thou hast created, for adorning it, for sanctifying it, though it is fixed in barren soil;for the body thou hast given me, for preserving its strength and vigour, for providing senses to enjoy delights, for the ease and freedom of my limbs, for hands, eyes, ears that do thy bidding;

for thy royal bounty providing my daily support, for a full table and overflowing cup, for appetite, taste, sweetness, for social joys of relatives and friends, for ability to serve others, for a heart that feels sorrows and necessities, for a mind to care for my fellow-men, for opportunities of spreading happiness around, for loved ones in the joys of heaven, for my own expectation of seeing thee clearly.

I love thee above the powers of language to express, for what thou art to thy creatures. Increase my love, O my God, through time and eternity.
-Ed Stetzer, "The Exchange: A Prayer of Thanksgiving," Christianity Today, November, 27,2014. Accessed April 27, 2014. http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2014/november/prayer-of-thanksgiving.html.