Leadership Tools 2


So you're thinking of recruiting some volunteers to wrangle the youth?!? What a fantastic idea! However, most of the time when we ask volunteers for help either A. we don't know what we are asking for OR B. we ask too small.

Does this sound familar? Hey would you help me watch the teens or I just need someone to help lead a few conversations. This is neither helpful nor is it inspiring nor is it truthful. The reality is we are asking adult leaders to invest a large amount of time, energy, and relational investment into our teens. It may be just me, but I personally don't want just anyone. Sure anyone can play a game or be a floating body but I want someone who actually cares about the teens. I want someone who is willing to be open and honest with the teens. I want someone who will walk with the teens through life's toughest situations and celebrate the greatest joys in the youth's life.

I want to see growth in our students as they…
  • Spend time in His Word.
  • Commit to a healthy prayer life.
  • Commit to allowing godly people to speak truth into their lives.
  • Commit to show up and realize that a healthy group is not only what they get out of it but also what they bring to the group. 
Ultimately I want to see the lives of teens transformed for the Glory of God. So for this to happen I need to ask big and asking big requires me to clearly communicate to my leaders exactly what I'm asking of them. Below is a job description that I used for my leaders. Hopefully this starts the conversation with you and your team about exactly what you are looking for in a leader.
WORD- Leader Job Description

PDF- Leader Job Description

Popular posts from this blog

Leadership Tools 13- Speaking and Testimony

Leadership Tools 9- Managing Confidentiality

Hope Unites